Also known as “Cookin’ Hog in the Fog” or “Wearin’ Beanies while Cookin’ Weenies.” San Francisco summer is here and it means school is out, the days are longer, sometimes the sun actually breaks through the fog so let’s say that it’s a great time to spark up the grill! This summer our butcher team added several new grill-friendly items to our grab-and-go prepack cases, featuring the sustainably-raised meat you know and love, seasoned and marinated with some of our favorite recipes and flavors. All you have to do is grill:
- Semi-Boneless Mary’s Organic Chicken, seasoned with Omnivore Limone + Garlic & Herb Compound Butter: All the work for a classic brick chicken has been done for you, just throw it on the grill and add a brick (or heavy cast iron skillet)!
- BN Ranch Korean Marinated Beef Short Ribs: A butcher case classic and staff favorite, now conveniently ready for you to grab-and-go. Serve it over rice, noodles, or just stand over the grill and eat ’em, they’re that good!
- Five Dot Ranch Top Sirloin Beef Steak seasoned with Omnivore Salt + Garlic & Herb Compound Butter: An easy go-to value of a steak, perfect for weeknight meals, or a quick-and-easy impress your date dinner.
- Niman Ranch Pancetta-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin: Pork on pork action for the pork lovers out there.
We’ve also added a couple of new sausages from our talented butcher team, to spice up our already hot lineup:
- Jalepeno & Cheddar Pork Sausage: Tamara put together this spicy, cheesey winner of a sausage, sure to warm you up on a cold, foggy summer night!
- Beulah’s Old Fashioned Chicken Sausage: Another sure shot! Juicy, lemony and herby inspired by Chris Timm’s Grandmama’s recipe and still going strong three generations later.
Our new lineup of pre-marinated meats make weeknight dinners and weekend grilling that much simpler: just grab-and-go, whether you’re grilling at home or hitting the road in search of sun! For your foggy summer nights, try pairing your grilled delights with Zinfandels, hand-selected by our Alcohol Buyer, Trac, to complement the meat while still summery and sippable.
Not sure what to grill? We’ve teamed up with Angelo Garro’s Omnivore Salt to stock our butchers with his amazing salts, so our butcher team can season your meat to your exact specifications – let us do the work for you, so all you have to do is impress your dining companions.