Our November update on the Bi-Rite Family’s work to build community through food and service.
- Gobble, Gobble! We donated Diestel turkeys to the SF Homeless Prenatal Program, SF Free the Need, and the Medical Respite and Sobering Center, helping multiple Mission-based families have a happier holiday.
- 50 residents + 16 Bi-Rite & 18 Reasons volunteers = one amazing, homemade Thanksgiving meal at the Medical Respite and Sobering Center. Big shout-out to Rosie, Faun, Wyatt, Judy, Katie, Jon, and Virginiafor your good deeds on Thanksgiving Day!
- We donated our Thanksgiving goodies to 111 Minna Gallery, which served 200 meals to our city’s homeless.
- We supported Family Services Agency’s Thanksgiving celebration, providing a hot meal and delicious pies to dozens of low-income seniors.
- Through “Scoops for Sandy” sales of our Caramel Apple ice cream at the Creamery, we provided “sweet relief” to the devastated Added Value Urban Farm in Red Hook, Brooklyn.
- We provided produce and groceries to CounterPULSE’s “Our Daily Bread” performance, helping feed over 400 audience members over 4 day period (hello vegan gumbo and jalapeno cornbread!). They wrote us and said “Our Daily Bread played to sold-out houses and standing ovations for four nights and we couldn’t have achieved such success without your support! Thank you for investing your time and energy into the performance and its message. Partnering with Bi-Rite facilitated wider and deeper dialogue about sustainable eating, supporting local farmers, and valuing our natural resources. “
- Lee’s, a corner store in the Bayview, is super proud of their new produce section and produce manager, Azmi, thanks to SEFA (Southeast Food Access) and Simon’s guidance!
- Tiffany gave an excellent store tour our young friends at the SF Boys and Girls Club
- We supported MESA’s (Multinational Exchange for Sustainable Agriculture) annual effort to host, train and feed dozens of farmers and sustainable food advocates from around the world.
Get Involved with Organizations We Support:
- Cooking Matters needs your help teaching healthy cooking and nutrition classes to adults this December. Email Sarah (firstname.lastname@example.org) to sign up!
Who we’ve donated to this month:
Door Dog Music Productions
Free the Need
SFSU Stillwell Art Exhibition
SF Bike Coalition
San Francisco Coalition of Small Essential Schools
Golden Thread Productions
Sanchez Elementary School
Kiandanda Dance Theater
Mission High School/Pie Ranch Interns
Arts Ed Matters
San Francisco Friends School
SF Homeless Prenatal Program
Medical Respite and Sobering Center
Mentoring for Success
Supermarket Street Sweep for SF Food Bank
Presidio Graduate School
Cooperative Restraining Order Clinic
Heritage Radio Network
San Francisco Little League
Bay Area Breast Cancer Network
Mediate Art Group
Chibi Chan Preschool
Abada Capoeira Arts Center