Our mission of Creating Community Through Food needs to extend beyond our four walls. We believe that it takes a village to make a community thrive. To that end, we support organizations that are working to strengthen our San Francisco community.
We want to make our community efforts personal; with that in mind, we ask that organizations interested in soliciting our support come to the store in person to drop off their donation request. This helps us put a face to the organization!
Please note that we (Bi-Rite Markets, Creamery and Catering) have completely reached our capacity for holiday giving, and will no longer consider in-kind, food or cash donation requests for the remainder of 2015. Our resources are now all committed to serve those most in need in our fair city. We appreciate your understanding in advance, and look forward to continuing to serve our community in 2016!
Want to know if your organization is eligible? Please review these guidelines:
1. We donate to non-profits (501 c3) focused on disadvantaged populations, youth and education, the arts, sustainable agriculture, and good, fair food.
2. We focus our giving on organizations based in San Francisco, working on initiatives that directly help populations in need and directly impacts or benefits San Franciscans.
Please note that we do not:
1. Accept mailed, e-mailed or faxed donation request forms. Any donation request forms submitted in this way will not be considered.
2. Mail or deliver donated items. All items must be arranged for pick-up at our 18th Street Market. Once you receive an email confirmation, your donation will be ready!
3. Support third party or individual fundraisers.
4. Donate ice cream. Sorry, we wish we could but the logistics of something this melty makes it too tough to coordinate!
To submit a donation request:
1. Print and fill out our Donation Request Form (pdf). If you prefer to fill it out on the computer, you can download our Fillable Donation Request Form (pdf) , and complete it on the computer before printing it out.
2. Visit us in person at Bi-Rite Market in the Mission District (3639 18th St., San Francisco) or in the Western Addition (550 Divisadero Street, San Francisco) any time convenient to you. We’re open 9am-9pm every day.
3. Hand the form to a manager at Bi-Rite Market.
All donation requests must be made at least 4 to 6 weeks in advance of the date the donation is needed. We will be in touch with you within 2 weeks of you dropping off our donation form; if you haven’t heard from us within that time, please email us. Even though we prefer to donate to organizations that serve within our immediate neighborhood, we will still review requests from other non-profits.